Customer Solution "Electronic Arts"
Arvato has delivered a world class service to EA for many years now and this year has proven no exception with a flawless delivery of the complex FIFA 17, Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 launches. [...] We are therefore thrilled to have recently agreed to extend our partnership for an additional 3 years. Thank you to each and every one of you that help make our business a success.James Cherry, Senior Director Commercial Operations, Europe and Asia
Time in the logistical process is scarce and on top of its scarceness, when delivering top titles like Electronic Art’s FIFA, we at Arvato have to deal with extremely high volumes within a very short time frame – high volumes of goods-in, of orders and pick, pack and ship activities.
Besides the aforementioned challenges we have to deal with restrictions such as:
– Time frame from first goods-in to street date: < four weeks
– Goods-in are arriving at the warehouse very often very late as last minute.
– Special retail customer requirements that have to be fulfilled either in the warehouse or on the carrier side.
– The deliveries at the retailers must be done on a defined day and most often with a specific time slot on that given date. Deliveries prior to or after the requested delivery date are not acceptable, neither for Electronic Arts not for the retailers.
– Before going into such a peak period there is almost no ramp-up phase. We are coming from a quite low in- and outbound volume to handle in the warehouse to a huge quantity.
Arvato is handling EA’s B2B distribution activities in Europe out of three warehouses. The FIFA launches have been a great success both for EA and Arvato. For EA the launches were a success as the titles created a huge demand on the retailer and end-customer side. From an operational perspective, the launches were also a success for EA and Arvato as the service performance indicator - performance measured as being at the retailers with the correct order at the requested or predetermined date and time - were above 99 percent.