Direct to Retail
In order to be in full control of their sales, many manufacturers engage directly with retailers. Here they usually find that retailers have specific requirements on how to deliver to their premises which must be implemented in the supply chain. These can range from labelling requirements (SSCI) to packaging and segregation of certain product categories.
Arvato offers a broad range of value added services. In combination with our SAP system we can trigger and implement retailer-specific VAS requirements. This can relate to different criteria and the requirements can vary according to country, product, retailer or product category. The targeted management of retail requirements from SAO ensures a high level of quality and thus ensures retail-compliant shipment.
- Labeling and packaging for product launches or promotion campaigns
- Packaging design and optimization, including for sales displays
- Co-packing of flyers, inserts or stickers to support marketing campaigns
- Fulfillment of retail-specific requirements (labels, price labeling separate packaging and delivery of launch items, etc.)
- Software update or product configuration (e.g. adjust radio frequency)
- Reworking and light assembly of products according to individual requirements
- Consignee-specific labeling and packaging
- Re-working, repackaging or re-labeling for promotional returns
- Design, sourcing, building and filling of product displays and distributing them in a retail-compliant way
By leveraging our wide range of Value Added Services we are able to ensure that all retailer specific requirements are met for our customers.